I'm a freelance writer and serious lower stakes poker player. I'm fascinated by poker's complex strategy as well as the psychology involved in this game of short-term luck and long-term certainties. Contact: onlinepokerdiary (at) gmail (dot) com

Frugal Poker Education Today at Borders

Today I went out shopping to get a present for a friend's birthday. He's a bit of a bibliophile so I headed out to the local Borders to find something. After a little browsing, I felt a strong pull over to the "Games" section. I had never checked it out to see what type of poker books they might have.

All the best books were on the shelves. I felt like a kid in a candy store as I excitedly browsed 2+2 titles, the Dan Harrington series, Phil Gordon, Matthew Hilger and plenty of other good ones. I guess I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to poker books.

I ended up sitting in a chair reading the whole afternoon, and I think I learned plenty without spending a dime. Don't worry, I didn't forget to pick up the birthday present...

No comments:

Post a Comment