I'm a freelance writer and serious lower stakes poker player. I'm fascinated by poker's complex strategy as well as the psychology involved in this game of short-term luck and long-term certainties. Contact: onlinepokerdiary (at) gmail (dot) com

Will Online Poker Be Legal Soon? Maybe at State Level

Lately I've been waiting for some good news on the online poker front but there hasn't been too much. My Full Tilt money is still hopefully tied up although the wheels do seem to be grinding slowly. If you played on Full Tilt, what are you thinking about all this?

Then there's the issue of legalization. If I had to guess, I think someone will soon put forth a bill to allow states to regulate the online game (Harry Reid ended up declining to do so last month during Congress's lame duck session) but even if that happens, it won't be the same type of poker with the limited player pool.

Don't get me wrong, good players would be able to win and there likely would be a big influx of soft money due to the newfound legality, but I'm still not too optimistic the games will be great. I hope it happens and I'm proved wrong!

In my opinion, budgets will only get tighter as we move forward in 2013 and I think it will be difficult to ignore the taxes that could be collected if online poker is legalized. We will all have to stay tuned.


2 comments:



  1. I have heard a lot about American coach limousine and this blog post shows all your cooperation and loyalty with your work.
    online poker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learn some good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you place to
    create one of these magnificent informative website. Also visit my homepage
    play texas poker

    ReplyDelete